2/7/10

10 Lessons from Drunkards.

Ah, so.

Who is this all-knowing "they" that is always saying things?
I'm not sure if I'm going to take what "they" say as a credible source of wisdom from now on.

This weekend, I realized some things.

1. Good friends are priceless treasures that you should consistently polish.
2. Sinners and vagabonds are the most embracing and accepting people I will ever meet.
a. I wish the "righteous" members of society were more like the "damned" ones.
b. There's something backwards about that.
3. I need to trust my instincts more. They do me well.
4. Confidence and arrogance are two very different things.
5. Drinking with a broken heart is similar to drinking with medication in that they both can kill you.
a. (This isn't from personal experience, but from witnessing a tortured man.)
b. You especially shouldn't do both.
6. I still hurt passionately for those close to me. Which means I do, in fact, still have a heart.
7. I'm confident that I'm a good person now. And God knows it, too. I'm not worried.
a. So you shouldn't be. There are things I find wrong about your life but I don't chastise you for it.
8. It's good to write down your feelings. That way, they don't sneak up on you.
9. Music is great, but so is silence.
10. Balance is the key to enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment